Monday, May 28, 2007

The food the glorious food

So I have failed to mention what exactly is happening here in Indonesia in regards to our restaurant. Epicure is a patisserie first and foremost. We will be preapring french petit gateaux as well as some chocolatiering, croissants and minimal bread. We also have a salon de the, where we will be serving all the savories and plated desserts. Now, before I went to culinary school I also went to bartending school and I love a well mixed drink, so of course we will also have a well planned out martini bar and a solid wine list stocked with the hard to find dessert wines we just cant seem to get in Asia.
I have to say that after having spent so much time in Portland, coming to Indonesia has opened up so many new avenues in terms of ingredients and how far I can play with old concepts to make them new again. I don't really think I'll have enough time or room in the pastry case for my playing aaround. In any case I come with a bunch of great recipes in hand and a very limited menu to work with, which should make it relatively easy to train and manage a small team.
Especially considering I have a total of about 700 square feet to work with, 26 seats and alot of nervous energy to work with. so is anyone interested ina lychee tart tatin with balinese strawberry ice cream?

No comments: