Thursday, May 31, 2007

In praise of the humble driver Yunior

So today I spent a total of about 8 hours in traffic...not going anywhere, but just plain stuck. Why do I say this? How do I deal with traffic here? I deliver wayyy early 6 am, but I open at 10 am...who's going to work at such an early time and for just a couple of hours? My trusty driver Yunior...gotta love him. This is the kind of guy you can give anything to do and he will do a great job and just consider it part of his job. I have alot of respect for him, and I hope I can find more people like him here.
To be succesful in Indonesia (the reataurant biz) you usually need to have more than one location...just one location isn't sustainable specially when you spent a good chunk of change on a pastry kitchen (Did I mention my deck oven?) SO plans are in the works to open a second location...strictly pastry and coffee in the near future. I will be sriously commuting, specially since I'm not only the chef but the main marketing tool...go figure. Thank goodness Yunior is around.

No comments: