Saturday, June 2, 2007

Long live china...bone china

So today we got our cihna, tableware and crystal. Now when I say we got it I mean we got some good stuff, bone china directly form the distributor. We went to a local department store and sow some stuff we liked (marked up of course) and then we looked online for distributors. We got the stuff from the same people the department store gets it from (in fact the store called asking if the distributor had stock for us because they apparently didn't after they said they did. So...we got tableware, china and crystal for 40 for about 1000 US dollars. I think 25ish bucks a pop is good right? Now we have to deal with napkins. Indonesia doesnt have a commercial/restaurant oriented laundry service for napkins and towels and such so this is complicated, I also dont want to pay too much for them. Does this mean I'm gonna have to make 400 of them myself? Why so many? becuase things here dry out in the sun, not a drier, and we need to have enough in case a circus troupe decides to walk in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope it isn't the "fancy some tea and crumpets love?" kinda Bone China... I would feel compelled to break some when I get there if it is.