Wednesday, June 20, 2007

We officially have our spot claimed

A drywall partition now separates our mall location from the mall itself. Right now the workers there are smoothing out the floor so that we can put in hardwood and tile. I don't know if I mentioned this before but our space is small...65 square metere or roughly 600 square feet and we have to take advantage of it as much as possible. We just found out that right next to us there will soon be a discotheque, there is already a poolhall and a couple of cafe's. Its funny for me because I go to these cafe's and their menus are like 10 pages long and offer everything from fried rice to shrimp cocktail...I really dont think anything comes out good...you'd think people here would learn to focus...but its not in the language.
Our partner yesterday said he doesnt have enough money to take care of our project and about 4 others he is involved with and he asked if we can do it on our own. Truthfully its better this way because we dont have to deal with an outsider. We thought we would have an investor to minimize risk, but truthfully we can finance the restaurant oursleves without much stress, and this way we dont have a third party with power over us. It is actually a good thing, but yesterday I was a little upset because of the last-minuteness of it (I mean we open in about 8 weeks!) But I am riding on a wave of good news on the personal front and very happy right now...the only thing that really changes is I may change the deck oven to 2 convection ones or just get 2 decks instead of 3, Poor me right? Next we start planning for the woodburning oven.

No comments: