Thursday, June 7, 2007

There is always something

Today we tried and I emphasize tried to get all our paperwork through for taxes. You have to go to one part of the city for from A and another part for form B and then you have to go to the central office to hand them all in. Why wouldnt these forms be available at the office where you hand them in? Bureaucracy. For those that know me well...this is why my masters degree didn't lead me to a job in the civil service. We also went to a couple of places to take a look and see if there were any good used stainless steel tables and such. I also fininshed designing my pastry kitchen, which will be divided into areas by delicacy of the work. One for bread, one forassembly of pastries and one for decoration, ice cream and chocolate...yummm. We are somewhere near two months to D-day and I just realized that beyond a rough draft for the menu there really isn't a set menu...in my defense, no food suppliers want to talk to us unless we are willing to put in an order and we are still a bit far from that. Went to the mall and found out that the UP escalator that is right smack dab in front of my store has been turned into a down escalator because some goofball didn't realize what he was buying. SO now I have to deal with the coming down traffic for a while..hopefully they get it fixed soon... There's always something...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay pastries! yummy yummy in my tummy... At least I know that when I come to Indo I get free food and martinis!

But seriously. I like to blog and its great that you are (albeit) slowly but surely getting it all put together.